08 September 2005

Lets Git Lifted

I guess after listening to John Legend all summer, I should have believed that I would Get Lifted. Am I getting high? Nah, I am just literally been given the oppourtunity to do many great things this year.

Some of you might remember that I stated in a previous post that I was auditioning for LION KING. Right, after talking about it so much in my first posts in June, I was given the oppourtunity to be apart of a concert with the touring company.

Well, Sunday was the last day for them to be here in Baltimore. I was so close to them as they were here I became apart of the family. Here are a few pics, the ones I feel best describe my new friendships.






In other news, as I was attending my university's first football game (Yes, Gay men can go to the game!), I kept hearing folks saying "Congratulations Kenny!" I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about until the president of our SGA came and spoke to me and said "What are you doing this semester?" I was a little taken a back by this system of questioning until she said, "We would like you to accept our offer of Umoja Council Director for SGA!"

Ah, hell nah, they did not come and congratulate me on a position I hadn't even accepted yet. None the less that was the tenor of the evening.

Well, on Tuesday September 7, 2005 at approximatley 4pm, I was officially appointed the Umoja Council Director for the Morgan State University Student Government Association. My duties include but are not limited to:

Planning the Student Homecoming Activities ie: Concert, Pep Rally, Block Show, Pool Party, Back to School Events, I Love Morgan Events and other things too numerous to mention.

I will be doing all that while holding positions as follows: Rainbow Soul - Secretary, Sinfonia - Treasurer, Programs and Services Director, Mr & Miss Morgan Coronation and Pageant Director.

Whew! I am tired just typing it all out. I am very glad that I have learned what effective leadership is this summer. I think it has prepared me to delegate what I know I cannot do myself.

So with that being said, I have to start listening to the artists that I am contracting for Homecoming Concert. I am hoping to make it live in the place.

So "BEAR" with me if I only post 2 times a week until November. But I will keep you abreast of all my progress.

P.S. I am doing all this holding down 5 classes with 7 credit hours (Damn my major classes being 1 credit), and trying to maintain or boost a 2.97 GPA.

Ya'll Pray! Look out for the Press Releases, and I am outtie!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Brother 6: The Final Four
An eviction occurred. I will save all that nitty gritty for after the jump, and forgive me if I'm a bit off my usual game on this post: I'm trying to type this up as I watch the episode of The O.C. that I ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a college grants site. It pretty much covers how to get college grants and assistance including housing, paying bills, and how to apply for grants..

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Stone said...

that is why you are you cause you can do it all at once. keep moving forward

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wassup. It's great to realize good things as they happen *smiles*

9:32 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

Congrats on the position...

You;ve got to affect the system in anyway you can man...:-D

Good luck!!!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger E said...

Wow. You got quite a balancing act to do. But I'm sure you'll do fine.

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Behavior modification chart fitness Archimedes bathtub gold story Monitor lcd screen removal Digital photo image printing software Los angeles county divorce record mediation divorce cape cod Lawyer mesothelioma utah2316

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counter