12 July 2005

While You Were Speechless

I took a seat
and started singing
into your pretty feet
words that were honey sweet
and watched your face as you
wept.

In constant anticipation
and a rapid emancipation
of your mental incantations
to my heart.

Then you spoke
and I was touched again
your lips became the pen
and as they formed each word
the music that I heard was
like humming birds in trees.

Your voice was saying
make love to me!
and like the good lover I am
I took out my pen

I wrote you lullabyes
for the days we are apart
I orchestrated etudes
to capture your heart.

I made my way to your bed
but I couldn't get in
cause before I could lay down
you whispered words again

Like how we are literary lovers
and never in a million years
would we find another

That will caress our poetic skin
That renders peace within
our souls together breathing
our bodies heaving

For The Words!

We buzz like around each other
we take turns being honey and the bee
we are flying high as
bluejays in the oak trees.

We are the soul children
touched by the
true and unadulterated word

We are the epitome
of the gifts of mother earth
from our birth
we were meant to be

and literary lovers are we.


There are too many things I have been feeling in the last couple of weeks. I am totally in a elevated and cloud nine space right now. I am more than at peace it is a scary euphoria.

Next Post:
Circle of Life II

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you yesturday how I felt about this poem..it's amazing and you're amazing, and i realize that everytime you speak. Luv ya

11:04 AM  
Blogger Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

Divo. Such a gift you have. I am privileged to read your poetry because it touches even a left-brained blogger like me (and that ain't easy). I'm going to bed now. Force field is dropping; shields down to 20% Capt. Kirk.
Shem hotep....

12:58 AM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Tear....
The Mutlifacited:
AngelBoyDivo

6:46 PM  
Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

funny thing is, my favorite part is the phrase "scary euphoria".
go figure!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Stone said...

All I can say is WOW
So here goes

WOW!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counter