21 July 2005

The Choice

First off, I would like to thank Frank Leon Roberts for remembering me enough to consider my thoughts on such a provocative subject matter.

It does more than touch me, hell it has quaked my world.

I say, get rid of numbers. The world is saturated by giving percentile statistics to a generation that can't do simple arithmetic.

I am a statistic. I don't just represent the numbers, I am living proof that the epidemic exists. My way to combat it is to use my artistic talents. Everyone is not an highly educated and knowledgeable bookworm. I use my life as an example to my community and my people. I shed light on the situation by presenting myself as a face for the ones that do not believe.

All this talk of statistics and positive people disclosing their status has led me to share a poem that I wrote the one time in my life when I knew that I had done something wrong. This is my reality, not my political catalyst.

The Choice

One must rely on his own truth
cause it is all he has as joy

I met a fellow
and to my heart he grew close

I just couldn't imagine our
art making music together

so when it did it was
surprising and unexpected

the sitting and gazing
turned into kissing and touching

like to new comers to the game
we explore the greater depths
of our horizons

A choice was to be made.

So I let him enter
my penetrable oasis
and sip of my nectar

And although so much
turbulence filled the atmosphere
I was soaring
like a bird in a free land

I have let myself go.

How could I have let him
sip my nectar
without me letting him know.

Could for him
my passion grow.

Because of my choice
I may never know.


I will let the commentary interpret what should be all to clear.
I am also to have been away so long, duty calls, and I must answer.
I am glad to have this chance to such a great thing.
I will be looking to each of you bloggers that I respect so much, to help me put on my final program at school that will mark my stance, and distinguish me for being the open and honest Positive man on campus.

Please read the article that was printed in my School newspaper in October of 2004.
Spokesman Article 10/8/2004

5 Comments:

Blogger the young people's professor said...

thank for this beautiful, gorgeous post Divo.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

REAL
OPEN
HONEST

YOU HAVE SPOKEN!
AND YOU HAVE SAID YOUR PEACE

12:15 AM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Your honesty is so commendable. I truly feel you.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

"I am a statistic. I don't just represent the numbers, I am living proof that the epidemic exists. My way to combat it is to use my artistic talents. "

work it the eff out.
i pump my fist to all you do!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info paxil mp3 player printers farmers insurance colorado Haberer investment advisor protecting your financial future. Spam blocker exchange Adult affiliate card phone program 20 property insurance

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counter