16 September 2005

I Wont Complain

I have some good days
I have some hills to climb
I've had some weary days
I've had some sleepless nights

But when I look around
and think things over
All of my good days
outweigh my bad days

I won't complain.



I have to give props to God for being who he is.
There is so much that has been revealed to me within the last couple of weeks, all I can do is either cry or thank GOD.

Every appointment that he has made for me has been as a set up, for something greater.

The position at school is going to be a task, not only did I expect for things to have been well planned before me, I also hoped that I would only have to add a few touches. Hell nah, try starting from scratch.

We had some B2S activities this week and they were poorly publicized, definately something to get on with the next group of events.

I have been in my position for the last two weeks. In these two weeks I had hoped to get settled in my office so that I could meet with key people to help me to arrange my events for the semester and start planning next semester. Obviously, the SGA President hasn't done her thing yet, cause I am still waiting for the darn keys, but to requote the title of this entry "I won't complain," here is why:

I find it absolutely flattering and honoring that I would be selected to serve as part of a counsel to where the average person on the board is at most 10 years my junior.

I also find it funny that although I have been thrust into this position the people that have watched me work in other capacities are acting as if I am about to get brand new, as if they don't already know that I have a great deal of control of what needs to be done.

I also find it interesting that I haven't really been able to do my job, cause they were doing so well without me that thirty other people other than me know what I should know, and believe me I have been in meetings all week.

Those of you that know prayer, pray that the YOUTH that I am working with gets a grip on what it is to labor for your institution, so that they might instill pride.

Also pray that as they look to me for guidance that I can do it in a humble and serving manner.

Today we met with the President of the University. It was a good meeting, I guess they weren't prepared for me to really speak my mind. But I asked a good question; it was posed to the staff that had served as student leaders during their matriculation, in the 70's, I asked them to give pointers for leadership through the eras, since our times being different what distinguishes a Morgan Leader.

It was after that meeting that the Assistant VP for Student Affairs, commented to me that she is very proud of me, and hopes that I can help a student governing body that has long forgot how to ask for guidance in leadership.

I have a heavy task on my shoulders. It is larger than planning and executing events. It is deeply rooted in maintaining pride at all costs.

8 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

I concur...God is THE BOMB!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

8:55 AM  
Blogger Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

Man, it has been a while since I heard from you. Hope you have a good semester. Stay in touch. Shem hotep!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be sure to get a seat..this class is on fiyah...

check it out!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

congrats on the position...

keep on pushin and makin the administration ACCOUNTABLE....

Folks in high administrative positions in higher ed bank on there not being active and INVOLVED student leadership...

keep the ship runnin tight and you'll reap the rewards...

11:36 PM  
Blogger Stone said...

AND wish you, pray you many many more GOOD DAYS.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Stone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Stone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Stone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counter