23 October 2005

Any Given Sunday....

Sunday always begins a new week, depending on what culture you were raised in.

I have always looked to Sunday as the emmancipation of my bitter tears of last week, or the envelopment of the joy that I recieved in the week prior.

This Sunday isn't just ANY GIVEN SUNDAY....

Why?

Since September 25, 2005, I have been on a Roller Coaster ride of sorts. I have seen many good things happen to me and I have also watched things happen that I would hope to never happen again. I have gained people in my life I have lost things in my life.

I am always amazed at how I celebrate the good and not so good in my life. This time is of no difference. This Sunday can serve as a Joy and a Sorrow.

Homecoming Week at school went off without a hitch. I was able to do all of my activities and people actually enjoyed the way that I executed the events of the week.

My Whole week came to a grand pause, when I found out that my mentor Dr. Mildred R. McKinney, who had been the teacher and advisor to the Mr. & Miss Morgan State University Coronation, had passed.

She was my rock and strong tower. I owe the very life I have now to her, because it was her that was determined never to let me think of ill thoughts while I was being nursed back to health three years ago.

What makes it all strange is that I found out while doing something that we both worked on together for so long when I found out.

I haven't written on A Day In The Life lately cause it just seemed that a glimpse into my day would seem so obsolete. Until, I thought just how much this place really brings back my focus.

I have stayed away due to a low count in visitorship. I was determined to get back but my life just became easier to live than to type about.

Well, I am here to type it to myself if to no one else.

This SUNDAY is one where I reflect on all the wrong done to me in the last 30 days and all the right that was poured into me, and I will learn to accept both for their place in my growth.

This is not just ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, this is the day that I will relfect on things that I haven't thought about. This is a day to visit that person that I haven't visited. When I get there, they will see it out of the blue, but you will always know that this was my mission TODAY.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

It's always great to reflect on life. Only then can you determine what will you do next to bring yourself forth to a higher level.

Your brother in the struggle,

TUS

1:21 PM  
Blogger Bobby Brown Jr. said...

good to have u back...keep reflecting bro.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 2000 honda accord transmission Hummer fiberglass car kit Powder coat calipers wheelchair rentals in florida Paintballing shops near mansfield

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counter