28 December 2005

Revelation not Resolution, Watchnight 2005

Watch Night services have long been an important part of African American worship. When President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing all the slaves in the Confederate States, it was to become law on January 1, 1863. On December 31, 1862, the night before it was to become law, African Americans gathered together in their churches and homes all over the USA, waiting for their freedom to arrive at midnight.

It's a little before New Year's Eve, and as I reflect on the resolutions of last year I have to thank God for every blessing he answered without a word. Everything that I ever needed in 2005 he has supplied.

Last year I learned of the significance of the "Watchnight Service." When I did, I was surprised to believe how connected African American folks are to this phenomenon, without knowing it's origin. It took on a new meaning for me, and thus doing so, I look at the day a little different.

See, last year, while waiting for the year to turn from 2004 to 2005, I had experienced a time of financial instability. I had nothing, and I gave all I had that night in the spirit of the freedom that I would receive in 2005. Well, no shorter than the first Sunday in January, the day after New Year's Day, was I blessed with a scholarship to finish my tenure at school. Leaving me with enough money in refunds to finance the rest of my year without a hitch. Blessings came, cause I believed not in the resolution that I made for me, but, in the revelation that God would bring for me in 2005. He did not intend that I be with financial hardship in 2005.

Well, I am looking towards 2006, our father has already out did himself in 2005 with his revelations for my life. All I had to do was claim it, even the impossible, and if it was his will, then it was mine.

This years "Watch Night" will be no different than last years. I am going in the church knowing that I will be released from 2005's bondage and given freedom to live in God's will in 2006. He hasn't stopped amazing me, so why should I quit praising.

January 1, starts a new year and I will be christening it in a new city, with a new experience about to happen. I have no resolutions for 2006, cause everything that I have been trying to resolve is being fixed in order of it's need. I don't need to resolve that I am going to be healthy, it comes with the job description. I am not going to resolve to find a job after graduation, cause it's already been supplied. I am not going to resolve that I find love, cause I have it, and romantic or not, it fills my cup.

This Watchnight or Freedom's Eve, what will be your revelation from God?

The one thing that you should have a resolution about is your relationship with the father, then you can receive his 2006 revelation and you will not be spiritually, emotionally, or financially bankrupt.

Ashe'

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I often felt (great post by the way) that if you really want something, I mean really want it; then the first step to make to getting it, is to no longer want it anymore. You see, the act of wanting is like showing that you don't have it. And there's one that said that the door is answered before you've knocked. If we can resign ourselves to the will of God (which can be our own will magnified), if we could just let God do what he do, than we can transition smoothly into the next year with calm knowledge that things are taken care of.

muito axe.
Me.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really fantastic blog entry. So positive and faithful, and it really helped me. I needed to read this cause it served as a great remninder. Thank you.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so great! this is going to really minister to a lot of people. many of us know these things, but a reminder is always great. and testimony like this always assures people that they are not alone and that many of us are going through some of the same struggles, but when you just trust in God all will be taken care of. thanks so much for that message. i enjoyed it greatly!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

Hello Divo. Hope your expectations for 2006 are being met. Give us a post and stay in touch. Shem hotep

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it http://www.arizona-lawyer.info/Chicago-bankruptcy-lawyers.html Adipex online chongqed Cvs solicitors add blocker spyware url vitamines mineraux zinc molybdene manganese selenium adverse reaction of ativan

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counter