22 December 2005

Appreciate the Struggle

<
I just want to say to anyone out there that reads this, " you will come to appreciate the goal when the struggle becomes a goal to live without." I haven't processed that yet, but I know that it will hold validity when I look at it later.

A quote taken from my first real post as a blogger.

When I started my blog I wanted to chronicle the ups and downs of my last 18 credits to graduation. Never did I think that when I started on this road that I would meet so many fabulous people and that my life was destined for the things that have recently transpired.

For those of you who haven't noticed I haven't blogged since right around the Thanksgiving Holiday. As soon as the holiday was over my schedule went in to overdrive and the destination was very evident, graduation against all odds.

Up until the holiday, I wasn't doing very well in my German class. I got sidetracked by the demanding schedule of Events Planner for the SGA. But, with much luck and prayer I bounced back, yet I still had a lot to concentrate on, so it was hard for me to get a blog line in.

Well, update, I have now completed 12 of my last 18 successfully and to my chagrin, the GOD that I serve has continued to show me his unmerited favor.

See, while home for Thanksgiving, I decided to take a leap of faith. Knowing that I would be graduating in little over six months, I wanted to find a way to secure employment for myself. So, I sent an email to the casting company of THREE MO'TENORS. I was told that I should audition by one of the music directors, so I felt that I needed to be proactive, although he said that he would recommend me for an audition in NYC in December.

No later than Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday was I sent an email, requesting that I attend a casting call and audition on the Dec. 7, with a possible call back on the 8th.

So, I had audition and extensive call back, by which the producers were very pleased with my performance. I was told that I would be getting a call, but I never anticipated that I would get the offer of a lifetime for a graduating senior in a Music Performance Major.

Ladies and Gentleman, as of Jan. 2, I will be returning to NYC to start rehearsals for a tour of THREE MO' TENORS, while taking my last 6 credits as an independent studies student.

I can truly say that I appreciate the struggle, cause my goal was to rid myself of the struggle. My way of getting there was in the arms of the GOD.

I finally know what the quote means, and I fully accept the gift of grace that god has allowed for me.

I would like to add, that while I type this entry I am in tears, because I never thought that this would happen to me. I believed in my heart that I would have to struggle harder to transition from Student to Professional.

I appreciate the struggle, because it's there that I find the strength to endure all that will come next.

Humbled,

KDA...

8 Comments:

Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

I am in tears right now! OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so excited for you! THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER! I'm always wanted to attend one of their performances, now I MUST!

I wish you well! Have a safe and happy HOLIDAY SEASON! KEEP US POSTED!

"I pray for you, you pray for me. I love you, I need you to survive!"

1:29 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Stone said...

You are bless boy. Very bless you are talented beyond most. You my brother and I love you.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

God has always been by your side, and with Him all things are possible. You have been blessed with gift and opportunity. Now do great things and remember to return the praise to Him who has kept you and brought you thus far. I am so very happy for you. Bless you and shem hotep.

2:10 AM  
Blogger C.R. Knight said...

well you better come on up here and work it out damn it!!! this is very exciting news. look forward to more blessings!!!

2:42 PM  
Blogger N4R said...

Congrats man on a job well done. Nothing accomplishing your goals and making moves toward your passion. That is blessing and you did it!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you whistle in letters...? oh screw it...OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

ya bris...

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counter